Saturday, July 11, 2009

No Language Barriers at YAF Workshop

No Language Barriers at YAF Workshop

By Moises Quezada

In the Community Expressions workshop I thought that language was going to stand in the way of what they were going to be sharing, but I was wrong. Even though the songs were in different languages, I had a great time dancing and singing. You could feel the excitement in the praises and with the djembe. I realized that it doesn’t matter where I am coming from and the language I speak, every time we are praising God, He hears us. I also felt linked to the African culture because we use some of the same instruments like the djembe and the güira to rejoice when singing to the Lord. I invite you to look for a space, find time and the instruments to do it, too. For God, there are no barriers.

Moisés Quezada is from the Diocese of the Dominican Republic.

No Hay Barreras de Lenguaje en el Taller de los Jóvenes Adultos

Al entrar al taller “Community Expressions” pensé que el idioma iba a impedir que pudiera entender y sentir lo que allí se iba a compartir, pero me equivoque, mi experiencia fue excelente, ya que danzamos y cantamos; a pesar de que las canciones fueran en diferentes idiomas, pude sentir la emoción que proyectaba el Reverendo y mis hermanos con las alabanzas y el tambor, me di cuenta que no importa de dónde soy y el idioma que hable, siempre que estemos adorando al Señor, Dios nos escucha. También me sentí identificado con la cultura Africana ya que donde yo vengo utilizamos algunos instrumentos como el tambor y la güira, los cuales nos sirven para regocijarnos cuando cantamos a Dios. Te invito a que busques el espacio, el tiempo y los instrumentos para que empieces hacerlo, ya que para Dios no existe barreras.

Moisés Quezada es de la Diócesis de la República Dominicana.



No comments:

Post a Comment